04 April, 2012

uncluttering and creating more

I got rid of tons of sewing patterns, magazines, fabrics, knitting yarns and other precious possessions.  Moving from a four bedroom house to one bedroom plus a beautiful, modern kitchen and a veranda with a view made me think, and unclutter, and simplify.  I decided, for example, that I could no longer have seven hundred cookbooks (OK, I exaggerate, maybe I had six hundred and something...), so I kept the ones I cannot cook without and gave the rest away.

I saved my favourite sewing patterns, fabrics and wools, and I am going to use them, instead of just hoarding them.  Big plans include a few skirts, blouses, pyjamas, delightful little tunic from my favourite Patty Reed Designs, pullover top from Marcy Tilton Wearable Art, and an Issey Miyake coat  (I bought the pattern last year).

I was tidying up the patterns that ended up stamped on in a box like grapes in a barrel during the last days in an old place - a complete maddness, I must admit - and I found a couple that have bits and pieces missing, not many though, most of them survived the ordeal in perfect order, thanks Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment